Thursday, May 15, 2014

Farewell to COM 6630....It's been fun!

This week COM 6630 comes to a close, as we are in the final week of the course, which also means that I’ll be closing out my professional blog with this post. 

We learned more about the future of technology and communication this week. My, my, my, how technology has advanced so much in such a short time. Predicting the future of technology can be exciting and perplexing at the same time. We have come so far with digital discoveries, and it makes me wonder how much further we will be in the next few decades, and beyond. The advances in technology are limitless.

Just think….

In the 1960’s, the first Internet connection was established. It was about 20 years later that the World Wide Web was invented by Tim Berners-Lee. The usefulness of the Internet has since exploded, and technology has done the same.

A few decades ago, companies like AT&T and Apple were broadcasting ads with creative, technological innovations that were only envisioned, but yet to be discovered. At that time, they were being explored.

Not too long ago, we only imagined borrowing books from thousands of miles away, using a GPS navigation system to get us to our road-trip destinations, video chatting with someone on the other side of the globe, shopping for groceries while sitting at home in your bed, renewing your driver’s license on a mobile device (Yes! No lines!), and so much more. These past envisions have become a reality.

Speaking of the future….

I am excited to see what the fields of communications and media have in store for me. COM 6630 has been a pleasure. I have realized that my strategic communication abilities expand far beyond what I consider myself capable.

Thanks so much for following along these past nine weeks as I shared with you some of the interesting topics in this course. 

Farewell! 

~Janice 

No comments:

Post a Comment